Critical Thinking Questions
- Would my project be as effective if the symbolic language I’ve used was replaced with orthographic language (a statement, for instance, that says something similar about the character or individual)?
- Does the final work represent my own attitude towards the individual I have represented? If so, why? If not, why not?
- What are some things that a symbolic, visual language can do that a written language cannot? What about the reverse?
- What would be the most difficult question for me to answer about my work?
- Why did I choose the particular symbols I have used in representing the personality, nature, or temperament of the character or individual I have chosen to represent?
- To what extent were my choices based on creating something that worked as a piece of art? To what extent were they based on creating something that represented the character or individual in question?
- If I were someone else, would it be easy for me to recognize what the symbolism is trying to suggest about the character or individual?
- What was the most interesting part of putting this composition together?
- What can I learn from the other projects that I have seen?