Critical Thinking Questions
- When I am encouraged to explain my thoughts both with words and images, do I find this easy? Do I have a tendency to want to only words or only use images?
- If I am trying to explain a process or a set of steps with words and images, what benefits do I see in using both?
- How are other students organizing their ideas on the page? What can I learn from this?
- Could I see myself using this activity in other areas of my studies or in my daily life?
- Has the activity helped me to clarify what I am trying to express? Has the visual nature of it helped me to “see” something that I might have otherwise ignored?
Navigation Skills Questions
- Could I give this process, procedure, or set of instructions to someone and could they follow it?
- What might my classmates indicate are the strengths and weaknesses of my visual note-taking?
- How could I transfer these visual note-taking skills to a laptop, an iPad, or some other piece of technology? Would I be able to accomplish something similar given the right program or app?
- Do I consider the visual note-taking to be an end product in itself, or does it just allow me to get my information together so that I can create accurate and detailed notes, instructions, or procedures as written text?
- Does anyone else take notes, or describe processes or procedures in this way?
- Would there be an advantage to do visual note-taking collaboratively?