Critical Thinking Questions
- Do I gain anything from not being able to represent every moment of what I am trying to depict?
- Would someone looking at my visual narrative be able to understand it? If they had a question, what would their question be?
- Is there something that I now understand about what I’m representing that I didn’t understand before I drew it?
- Is there something about the way in which I drew or represented this visual narrative that says something about how I feel towards the subject?
- Am I better able to represent my narrative in pictures or in words? Why?
- Is there any illustration that would benefit from having some clarifying text associated with it?
- In each panel, is it easier for me to show my audience what I mean with a picture or would it be easier to simply explain it?
- What is the usefulness of being able to communicate in images alone as opposed to words alone or words and images?
- Is there a way for me to better understand how I can translate my ability to write to my ability to visually represent ideas and vice versa?