Williams was influenced by so many different developments that were happening not just in American poetry but throughout the visual and performing arts. Looking at what he, Stevens, cummings, H.D., and Stein were doing in those first three decades of the 20th-century shows just how impactful someone like Pablo Picasso was on the development of their writing.
One has no idea what someone like William Carlos Williams would have thought about visual brainstorming, visible thinking, or sketchnotes, but something tells me that he and others like him would have been rather fond of the practice!
- The Visible Thinking Project: To Be Or Not To Be... What I Am
- The Visible Thinking Project: Pip Pirrip's Curious Name in Great Expectations
- The Visible Thinking Project: A Guide to Understanding Margaret Atwood's Poetry
- The Visible Thinking Project: Happy Birthday to Pi
- The Visible Thinking Project: Chess and Literature, Part I